And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.
There are some in the church who are in the battle for their lives. Some have been struggling for years. Maybe you’re one of them. They have been assailed and tormented with the fear of losing their salvation, doubt, or anxiety that they might have committed a sin so severe that God has tossed them aside.
Today we will dive into the battle for those who are tormented with fear.
* People don’t lose their salvation. It’s not something that’s misplaced.
* Satan doesn’t attack an unbeliever with the fear of losing their salvation. That would be like saying to a corpse, “you’re dead.” It’s God’s children who the enemy attacks with the fear of losing their salvation, condemnation, and doubt. Think about that.
* The enemy’s purpose is to destroy the Christian’s faith to the point where they lose hope and walk away from God, or even commit suicide. This is an intense, wearying battle that many in the body of Christ are grappling with. It’s rarely discussed because all too often Christians give out trite response such as “just have faith” that don’t help those who are hurting.
* Read the verses from Colossians above. “All” means that all of our sins are forgiven.
* Please watch the video for more.
If you’re not struggling in this area, please pray for those who are. Suicide rates are rising and the church isn’t immune. Please take this seriously and go to war in prayer for your brothers and sisters in Christ and those outside the church who Satan is trying to destroy. I’ve been in that battle (13 years ago) and know how severe it is.
Click the image, or click here to watch the video: